Specialist Scholarship - Languages
This scholarship is offered to students who demonstrate talent and potential in the study of the Languages (German/Indonesian) as well as strong academic performance. Students must demonstrate a high level of organisation, self-management, resilience and have the capacity to become cultural ambassadors and leaders in the school community.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- New or existing students.
- Students entering year 9 or 10.
- Not available to international full-fee paying students.
- Curriculum Vitae which includes all personal contact information.
- Written character reference from a teacher, coach or community leader.
- Previous school reports including NAPLAN or other academic results.
- An interview with the student (accompanied by parent/guardian) where the student will demonstrate their spoken language ability and provide a written portfolio.
- Must be enrolled in the German/Indonesian Language elective for the coming school year.
- Written application (maximum three pages) which addresses the following selection criteria:
- Demonstrated talent and potential in Languages.
- Demonstrated ability to produce strong academic results.
- Demonstrated exemplary behaviour and attitudes towards learning.
- Demonstrated ability to uphold the school’s values of respect, honesty, responsibility and endeavour.
- Demonstrated ability to build positive relationships with peers and teachers, and lead others.
The written application which includes all points mentioned in the above ‘application requirements’ section to be forwarded to Assistant Principal Mr.Paul Broecker at Fountain Gate Secondary College.
Students who receive this scholarship are expected to continue their studies of German/Indonesian throughout the middle years (Year 9 and 10). They are expected to maintain a high standard of academic performance and personal behaviour. If a student does not meet these requirements then a scholarship will be reviewed and may be revoked. Students are encouraged to be involved in College life and be an active member of the College community. Students who are planning on studying Languages at VCE or are planning on taking part in the Indonesian Study Tour or German Exchange Program are looked upon favourably.
- Elective fees that relate directly to this speciality scholarship will be paid for by the College each year.
- Scholarship exclusions are: subject fees, excursion levies, school planner and textbook fees.
- A monetary contribution towards the Indonesian Study Tour/German Exchange Program will be given, should the student participate.
The tenure of this scholarship is a maximum of two years and ends if the student is no longer enrolled at the College.
Mrs. Kasie Hutchinson
Languages Domain Leader
Mr. Paul Broecker
Ph: (03) 8762 6839