Specialist Scholarship - Design & Technology
This scholarship is offered to students who demonstrate passion, talent and creativity in Design and Technology subjects (Woodwork, Textiles, CAD/CAM, Food, Product Design, Metals & Plastics) as well as strong academic performance. Student must demonstrate a high level of organisation, self-management, resilience and have the capacity to become leaders in the school community.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- New or existing students.
- Students at year 10, 11, 12.
- Not available to international full-fee paying students.
- Curriculum Vitae which includes all personal contact information.
- Written character reference from a teacher or community leader.
- Previous school reports which indicate academic performance.
- An interview where the student (accompanied by parent/guardian) will present a portfolio of their achievements in one or more Technology fields.
- Written application (maximum three pages) which addresses the following selection criteria:
- Demonstrated passion for and talent in Design and Technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently produce strong academic results.
- Demonstrated exemplary behaviour and attitudes towards learning.
- Demonstrated ability to uphold the school’s values of respect, honesty, responsibility and endeavour.
- Demonstrate ability to solve difficult problems and work safely and independently.
The written application which includes all points mentioned in the above ‘application requirements’ section to be forwarded to Assistant Principal Mr.Paul Broecker at Fountain Gate Secondary College.
Students who receive this scholarship are expected to maintain a high standard of academic performance and exemplary personal behaviour. Students must choose to study Technology elective(s) and select at least one VCE Technology subject. If a student does not meet these requirements then a scholarship will be reviewed and may be revoked.
- Elective fees that relate directly to this speciality scholarship will be paid for by the College each year.
- Scholarship exclusions are: subject fees, excursion levies, school planner and textbook fees.
The tenure of this scholarship is a maximum of three years and ends when the student is no longer enrolled at the College.
Mr. Paul Broecker
Ph: (03) 8762 6839