Excellence Scholarship - The Arts
This scholarship is offered to students who demonstrate talent and potential in the Arts (Performing and/or Visual) as well as strong academic performance. Students must demonstrate a high level of organisation, self-management, resilience and have the capacity to become leaders in the school community.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- New or existing students.
- Students of any year level.
- Not available to international full-fee paying students.
- Curriculum Vitae which includes all personal contact information.
- Written character reference from a teacher, coach or community leader.
- Previous school reports including NAPLAN or other academic results.
- An interview where the student (accompanied by parent/guardian) will present or perform a portfolio of their work in the Arts and at school.
- Written application (maximum three pages) which addresses the following selection criteria:
- Demonstrated talent and potential in the Arts.
- Demonstrated ability to produce strong academic results.
- Demonstrated exemplary behaviour and attitudes towards learning.
- Demonstrated ability to uphold the school’s values of respect, honesty, responsibility and endeavour.
- Demonstrated ability to build positive relationships with peers and teachers, and lead others.
The written application which includes all points mentioned in the above ‘application requirements’ section to be forwarded to Assistant Principal Mr.Paul Broecker at Fountain Gate Secondary College.
Students who receive this scholarship are expected to maintain a high standard of academic performance and personal behaviour. If a student does not meet these requirements then a scholarship will be reviewed and may be revoked. Students are encouraged to be involved in College life and be an active member of the College community.
- All subject fees and elective fees will be paid for by the College each year.
- Scholarship exclusions are: excursion levies, school planner and textbook fees.
The tenure of this scholarship is a maximum of six years and ends when the student is no longer enrolled at the College.
Mr. Paul Broecker
Ph: (03) 8762 6839